Cardinal’s QWIM Series of In-Motion Vehicle Scales offers the best combination of performance, cost of ownership and ease of maintenance available. Using Kistler LINEAS® Quartz Sensors, Cardinal adds our own CVW Series of High Performance WIM Controller to produce an in-motion scale that is second to none. Available in either a single or dual threshold configuration, the Cardinal QWIM In-Motion Scale is an ideal choice for both low and high speed applications. The QWIM Series of scales has been used successfully for more than ten years in traffic monitoring, ramp sorting and virtual weigh station applications. With the QWIM, Cardinal is your one-stop answer to when you can’t stop to be weighed.
Some of the unique characteristics of the Cardinal QWIM Series of In-Motion Vehicle Scales include:
- Meets or exceeds ASTM 1318-09 performance requirements for a Type III In-Motion Scale.
- Only requires a single inductive loop.
- Immune to corrosion
- Can be installed in less than 12 hours minimizing lane closures.
- Requires no expensive foundation and associated water drain system.
- No obstruction to passing snowplows.
- High immunity to damage from lightning and power line surges.
- Only minimal periodic maintenance required.
- No external temperature compensation required.
- Available in either single or dual threshold configurations.
- Gross weight error of less than +/-6% at speeds up to 80 mph (130 Km/h)
In its most basic form, the QWIM Series In-Motion Scale still offers a full set of features:
- Standard vehicle record includes:
- Axle Weight and Axle Spacing
- Gross Vehicle Weight
- Vehicle Classification
- Vehicle Speed
- Vehicle Identification Number
- Time and Date
- Scale Identification
- Full Sized Corrosion-Proof Traffic Cabinet with Locking Door and Thermostatically Controlled Fan and Heater
- Uninterruptable Power Supply
- Integral Power Line Filter with Status Indication
- Work Light and Convenience Power Outlet
- Fully Expandable at Any Future Date